EarlyON Program Updates
UPDATE: As of July 16, 2021, EarlyON Child and Family Centre locations in The County of Wellington and the City of Guelph have updated programming offerings for in person services.
Select EarlyON locations will be offering Single Household programming. Single households do include caregivers who may be providing care for children from more than 1 household. These sessions will have no more than 10 participants including EarlyON staff. Participants must pre-register for all indoor programming. Anyone who has not pre-registered will not be permitted access to indoor programming.
EarlyON Centre’s will be offering Outdoor Programming. These sessions will have no more than 25 participants including EarlyON staff. Participants must pre-register for all outdoor programming. Anyone who has not pre-registered will not be permitted access to outdoor programming.
EarlyON Centre’s will continue to offer Virtual Programming to families as they have been throughout the COVID-19 Pandemic.
What Safety Measures will be in Place?
The safety of your family and the community is our first priority and you will see many measures in place reduce risk. In addition to limiting the number of participants in programming, the following safety measures will be taken:
- Participants will only be able to register/attend indoor and outdoor programming once in a 14-day period. This ensures both equitable access for other households and also further reduces the risk of the spread of COVID.
- COVID Pre-screening will occur for all visitors and staff prior to the start of outdoor programming. Anyone who does not pass the screen will not be permitted entry to programming.
- Outdoor programming will mainly consist of walks and hikes and not occur near play equipment or other shared equipment.
- For indoor programming, individual materials will be provided for use with each family during visits and will be sanitized following use. Materials will not be used by another family on the same day.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization of EarlyON spaces will occur daily and in between all family visits.
- EarlyON staff will wear masks and shields and will practice social distancing where possible during outdoor programming.
- All adult visitors and children (ages 6 and older) will be required to wear a mask during outdoor programming. Children ages 2 to 5 will be encouraged to wear a mask.
How to Access Programming
Please visit our Meetup Site to find all virtual program information : meetup.com/CRC-childrens-playgroups
To register for EarlyON Programming please call 519-843-7000 and select 3 for EarlyON
Who are we?
EarlyON Child and Family Centres provide opportunities for children from birth to 6 years of age to participate in play and inquiry-based programs, and support parents and caregivers in their roles. Our EarlyON centres will offer safe and welcoming environments open to all families throughout North & Centre Wellington, with qualified professionals and quality programs. Families and caregivers will be able to find support, advice, make personal connections and access a network of resources.
During our first years of life, the brain develops at an astounding rate. Scientists now know this process is not just genetic but is dramatically influenced by our early experiences with people and our surroundings. (How does Learning happen, Ontario’s Pedagogy for Early Learning) We hold children and childhood in deep regard. We believe parents and caregivers are children’s first teachers that influence positive experiences and outcomes for their children, family and community.
Contact our Team
Our dedicated EarlyON staff team will continue to be available to provide support to families including answering your questions about parenting, and child development. To access this support, please contact the EarlyON Programme Supervisor, Lindsay Cowan by phone at 519-843-7000 or email email@example.com
For links to activity ideas that you can enjoy with your family, resources & virtual programming, CLICK HERE or visit our FACEBOOK PAGE. We invite you to reach out to our EarlyON staff to share your ideas, questions and experiences during this time of social distancing.
Stay well and stay connected.